Hacienda La Petaca$1,700,000 USD
Rich with history and potential, the Hacienda La Petaca and its chapel date to 1760.
Mexico’s famous Independence Route–the road taken by Father Hidalgo in 1810 to Atotonilco and then San Miguel de Allende to declare independence from Spain–runs right thru the property.
Located on the banks of the Laja River, the Hacienda is surrounded by old growth mesquite trees. Beneath the Hacienda is a vast network of healing thermal waters.
This peaceful oasis is the perfect location, only fifteen minutes from San Miguel de Allende for a spa, a school, a hotel, or a large family compound.
The Moorish-style hacienda building has a large great room, a shady interior patio, two kitchens, and six large private rooms. Next to the hacienda building is an inn that accommodates up to forty. The hacienda’s chapel, with its beautifully restored frescos, seats fifty. A separate casita building has one bedroom and one bath. Part of the property is already subdivided for residential development. Acreage is subject to survey.
- Owner financing for qualified buyers
- Fifteen minutes from San Miguel
- Historic hacienda with six bedrooms
- Hotel with 12 rooms and four apartments
- Casita building: 1/1
- Historic chapel: Seats 50+
- Commercial kitchen
- Horse stalls and ring
- Thermal water: 98 degrees
- Well: 70 meters deep, 90,000 cubic meters/year
- Already subdivided for residential development (13 lots)
- Mesquite groves